Tomorrow (December 16) is Chocolate Covered Anything Day. I’m celebrating with a super simple and healthy snack!
These are cute little peanut butter and banana sandwiches that are dipped in chocolate. You can dip the whole thing in chocolate but I liked the look of having it half/half.
I don’t even know if I can call this a recipe because it is so simple to make. It’s just a couple slices of banana with some peanut butter in between then dipped in melted chocolate. I used semi-sweet chocolate but you could use milk chocolate instead. I also added a little coconut oil to the chocolate to give it extra shine and crunch when you bite into it.
Biting into one of these is such a good experience. You should definitely let it sit out for a few minutes before digging in because the banana will be very frozen. But once it softens slightly, the banana becomes almost like ice cream and of course it pairs well with the peanut butter and chocolate.
Just make a batch (or two) of these bites and store them in the freezer for an anytime snack!
- 1 banana, in 1/2″ slices
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (DF/vegan: use DF chocolate chips)
- 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- Lay banana slices on parchment or silicone baking sheet on a pan. Put 1 tsp peanut butter on half of the banana slices (I got 12 slices from 1 banana, so I put peanut butter on 6 of them). Put the remaining banana slices on top, covering the peanut butter, to make sandwiches. Put pan in the freezer for 15 minutes to firm them up – it’s alright if they are not fully frozen at this point.
- While the bananas are freezing, melt the chocolate, using a microwave or double boiler. Once the chips are almost fully melted, remove from the heat and stir in the coconut oil and let the residual heat of the chocolate melt that in.
- Take the banana sandwiches from the freezer and dip them one at a time, into the chocolate. I used my fingers but you could use a fork if you wanted. I only dipped them half way in the chocolate but you could fully submerge too.
- Place them back on the pan and put back in freezer, freeze until firm about 1 hour.
- Store in airtight container up to 1 month.
3 Comments Add yours
What a cute snack, my kids would love those!
LikeLiked by 1 person
Reblogged this on Whipped Owl and commented:
Shucks, I missed Chocolate Covered Anything Day!
LikeLiked by 1 person