I’m eating all the squash that I can before the season is over! Last week I made Quinoa Stuffed Squash and today I’m cooking with delicata squash!
I love this squash because they are relatively small in size which makes them easy to cut through. Also, unlike some other squashes, you can actually eat the skin because of how thin it is. Just be sure to wash it thoroughly before cutting.
You could stuff this squash with a delicious filling but I decided to roast it in half moons today. I just cut it in half lengthwise, removed the seeds* then cut into about 3/4″ slices. I tossed those with oil and simple seasoning then baked! It couldn’t be easier.
This squash bakes up so nicely. The flesh is super soft and sweet and the skin is very easy to bite through. I love the addition of cinnamon, just adds to the fall flavours.
This is a great side for any protein or you can put it into salads. Very versatile dish and you will love it.
*Remember, you can always bake your squash seeds for an extra snack. Check out my post here.
- 1 delicata squash, washed well
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 375°. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut squash in half lengthwise, remove all seeds, then cut into 3/4″ slices.
- Put squash in bowl and toss with all remaining ingredients. Lay on baking sheet.
- Bake 25 minutes, flipping squash over half way through. Should be lightly golden brown and fork tender. Serve hot or room temperature.