Have you ever tried quinoa pasta? I hadn’t before I made this pasta salad. I won a contest from a brand called GoGo Quinoa and they sent me a big box of some of their products, including quinoa pastas.
I thought a nice use of the pasta would be in a pasta salad. I love pasta and I love salads, so combining them together makes a great meal. I mixed the cooked pasta with fresh cucumber, bell pepper and carrot, plus a bright vinaigrette. I didn’t want to make things too complicated, so I kept this pasta salad pretty simple.
The veggies added lots of colour and crunch to the dish so it was great with the soft (al dente) pasta. I wanted the dressing to give a pop of flavour so I used an equal ratio of oil to acid (red wine vinegar and lemon juice), but I added the maple syrup to balance it out. I also seasoned it with oregano and chili flakes for a touch of greek flare.
This salad was so delicious and fresh. The quinoa pasta was surprisingly good on its own too – I honestly wasn’t sure what to expect. It tastes pretty much like regular semolina pasta but it is a great gluten-free option. I can’t wait to cook with the other packs of pasta that I received.
You can obviously use any pasta you wish, just cook it according to the directions on the package, and follow the recipe as written. I know you will love this dish 🙂 .
- 227g short pasta (I used quinoa pasta but can sub any other kind)
- 2/3 cup each: diced cucumber, pepper, carrot
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to directions on package. Drain and toss in large mixing bowl. Combine with chopped vegetables. Set aside.
- In small bowl or measuring cup, mix all remaining ingredients – this is the dressing.
- Pour over pasta and vegetables and toss to get everything coated.
- Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate up to 3 days.