I’m not a big fan of energy bars, but when I’m in a pinch, I love eating Larabars (not sponsored, they’re just my fave). They’re all natural and have no added sugars so they’re super healthy.
Today, I made my own version of little larabar bites. I actually tried making a similar recipe back in March (click here to see that) but they didn’t turn out well because I didn’t let it process enough. They tasted good but they were too crumbly so they fell apart very easily.
I am happy to report that I made them again with almost the same recipe and they turned out soo much better 🙂 . These ones are made of 4 ingredients – medjool dates, almonds, shredded coconut and salt – and they are a great snack.
I made sure to keep it in the food processor for over 1 minute to get the dates and almonds into really small pieces. The dates were super sticky after all that processing, they helped to keep these little bites together. You still want some texture in these bites, but the mixture should easily squeeze into a ball.
These are an amazing snack and you will hardly believe that there is NO ADDED SUGAR. They are plenty sweet thanks to those delicious medjool dates. I did add the little pinch of salt to cut the sugar slightly too.
Tonight is actually Jewish new year (Rosh Hashanah). It is tradition to eat a lot of sweet foods so that you start the year on a sweet note. I will definitely be eating a couple of these bites over the weekend 🙂 Happy new year to all my fellow Jewish people!
- 1 cup medjool dates, pitted (~12 dates)
- 1/3 cup whole almonds
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- pinch salt
- Place dates and almonds in bowl of food processor and turn on. Let it go for about 1 minute, until everything is in very small pieces and it can clump together when squeezed between your fingers.
- Add coconut and salt. Pulse a few times to get it all combined.
- Taking 1 tbsp of the mixture, roll into balls and place on baking sheet. I got 14 balls from the batch. Let them sit in the fridge for 30 minutes to firm up.
- Enjoy! For long-term storage, place in airtight container and put in freezer.
3 Comments Add yours
These look delicious 😋 i love lara bars!!
Me too! Thank you 😊
LikeLiked by 1 person