If you like ants on a log (celery with peanut butter and raisins/craisins), you will love these apple rings. I’ve taken that classic childhood snack that I’m sure most people have eaten, and turned it into a sweeter/dessert version. This might be one of the easiest snacks to ever exist.
The name pretty much says it all – apple rings with peanut butter – but the toppings are what make them so much more exciting. I have 3 different toppings on mine, but you could put whatever you want on yours. I have semi-sweet chocolate chips (dairy free), dried cranberries, and shredded coconut. My favourite one was the coconut.
I love eating apple with peanut butter, but the toppings add the extra yum-factor. Also, putting the couple more minutes into preparation turns it into a super cute snack/dessert.
*DF: To ensure this snack is dairy free, make sure you use all dairy free spreads/toppings
- 1 apple, cored and sliced in 1/4-1/2″ rings (~5-6 slices)
- 2 tbsp peanut butter, or any other spread*
- Couple tbsp of toppings: chocolate chips, dried cranberries, shredded coconut**
- Spread peanut butter (or other spread) on apple slices
- Sprinkle with toppings of choice. (Note: for the coconut, it’s easiest if you pour a little coconut on a plate and dip the peanut butter apple into that, it sticks nicely)
- Enjoy soon after making because apple will begin going brown
*If you are allergic to peanuts, you could easily use almond butter or sunflower butter in its place.
**Other possible toppings include: sunflower/pumpkin seeds, granola or sliced almonds. If you wanted something a little more decadent and messy, you could drizzle some chocolate or caramel sauce on top.