Do you ever have those days when you just don’t know what to make for lunch or dinner? Well this recipe is for you! I made delicious little open faced tuna melts, which were a great meal with some salad. These have very similar ingredients to the tuna melt panini that I made a little while ago (link here).
A can of tuna can go so far, this recipe uses one can and makes enough for 3 people. This is quite the budget-friendly meal. English muffins are quite inexpensive too, but you could really use any bread/bagel of choice. If you do use something other than english muffins, you will likely have to adjust the amount of spinach and tuna accordingly.
I know spinach is not typical on a classic tuna melt but it was my way of adding a little more nutrition to this meal. It also adds colour which makes them prettier too.
I hope you enjoy this easy recipe and I will try to share many more simple recipes with you all 🙂
- 1 can (170g) tuna, drained
- 2 tbsp mayonnaise
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tsp capers
- 3 english muffins, cut in half
- 1/2 cup sauteed spinach**
- Shredded/sliced cheese (~1 tbsp/1 slice each)
**To make sauteed spinach: Heat nonstick pan over medium heat. Add about 3 cups chopped, raw spinach and cook until wilted, approx. 3 minutes. Season with pinch of salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Line baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper.
- Combine tuna, mayonnaise, dijon mustard and capers in small bowl.
- Lay english muffins on baking sheet, there will be 6 halves. Divide the tuna among all halves, followed by the sauteed spinach then top each one with cheese, either shredded or sliced.
- Bake in oven for about 5 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly. Serve hot!