I have been nominated for a Sunshine Blogger Award. This is a first for me! I want to thank Jana (from Jana Cooks) for nominating me 🙂 For those who don’t know, this is a peer-nominated award among bloggers. It’s a chance to give recognition to your favourite bloggers, which I think is pretty cool.
I’ve been blogging for several years now, but this is the first time I’ve been publicly recognized for my work. I feel so honoured by this. And yes, I know there is no actual “award” but just getting this recognition for the work I put into my posts means a lot to me. So thank you again, Jana.
Rules of the Sunshine Blogger Award:
- Thank the bloggers who have nominated you and link to their blog.
- Answer the 11 questions you were asked.
- Nominate 11 new bloggers and ask them 11 questions.
- Inform the bloggers of their nominations by leaving a comment on their blogs or contacting them via social media.
- Display these rules and a Sunshine Blogger Award image in a blog post.
11 Questions I was Asked:
- Why did you start blogging?
- I guess it stemmed from my love for cooking. I’ve been cooking for as long as I can remember. I like to try new things in the kitchen and I wanted a way to share what I was making with others, as well as any tips/tricks that help me in the kitchen
- What advice would you give to a new blogger?
- Don’t try to blog for the money. You have to do it because you like it and are passionate about what you’re blogging about. Success will come with hard work and dedication (just like most things in life).
- If you didn’t write about food, what would you blog about?
- I would definitely blog about travelling. There are so many countries I would love to visit, especially in Europe. I’d write about all the sited I visited, things I did and people I met along the way.
- What is one thing your readers don’t know about you (yet)?
- I am the youngest of 3 kids in my family. I love being the “baby”, it definitely had its perks growing up
- If you could only eat one meal for the rest of the year, what would it be?
- The year just started so this is a tough question. I think I would pick bibimbap which is a Korean meat and rice dish. It’s nicely flavoured and has many different tasty ingredients, so I don’t think I could get bored of it. There are also lots of veggies so it is a relatively healthy meal.
- Who is your favourite chef?
- Gordon Ramsay because he is just such a force to be reckon with in the kitchen. You can’t mess with him. I love watching Masterchef and Hell’s Kitchen. My close second favourite though (if I can have 2 favourites), is Jamie Oliver. I love his rustic way of cooking and his food is simple but delicious.
- What or who inspires you?
- My family. They’ve been my cooking guinea pigs (food testers) whenever I try something new in the kitchen and always make me want to do better.
- What is the best advice about cooking you ever received?
- To never hold back in the kitchen. You never know if something will be good unless you try it.
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- West coast of Canada, probably in British Columbia. I went there on vacation with family back in 2018 and it was so beautiful with the mountains and lakes. It was so peaceful too.
- What country’s cuisine do you love most?
- Either Korean (based on my answer to question #5) or Thai. Both of those have such a nice balance of flavours and a nice amount of spice too. They are also my go-to flavour profiles when I cook at home without a recipe.
- Which recipe of yours is your all-time favourite?
- My peanutty noodles. I started making this back in highschool, it’s such an easy, no fuss dish. It’s a sauce made of peanut butter, soy sauce, sriracha and honey that gets mixed with cooked instant noodles. I’ve made it other times with more ingredients (ginger, sesame, garlic, veggies), but I love the simplicity of the original dish.
Bloggers I would like to Nominate:
- Tastes of Health
- Dees Platter
- Fit Ambitious Blonde
- Aho’s Homemade Food
- Tammy Twinkle
- The Gastronomy Gal
- Blessings By Me
- Mums- The Food Blog
- A Sliver of Life
- Cooking Without Limits
My 11 Questions You Need to Answer:
- If you could have a meal with any person, living or dead, who would it be?
- Where was the best place you ever traveled to?
- What bad habits do you want to break this year?
- What is your go-to meal when you don’t know what to cook?
- Regarding snack foods, are you more of a sweet or salty person?
- What is your least favourite food?
- What is your favourite way to de-stress after a long day?
- To you, what is the best and worst things about blogging?
- What 3 words would you use to describe yourself?
- Which season is your favourite (spring, summer, fall, winter)?
- What is the most adventurous thing you have ever done?
Thank you for reading! I really appreciate all my lovely followers 🙂
2 Comments Add yours
Lindsay, I feel honoured!
Thank you very much for adding me in your choice of list of bloggers.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Congratulations!! Thank you so much for the nomination!!!
LikeLiked by 1 person