Wow, 102 recipes later I have completed my Yum & Yummer cookbook challenge! And yes, there are recipes in the book that I did not make due to dietary restrictions, but I made everything else that I could. Overall, this was an amazing cookbook. Almost every recipe was a hit – there were only a few that didn’t turn out so great.
I honestly didn’t know what to expect 8 months ago when I started this project, but I really enjoyed this cookbook journey. It was nice to not have to think about what I was going to make because I had my schedule of recipes and I just had to do the shopping. That also put me in a nice cooking routine which was nice. I will say that meal planning is hard work though because it takes time to make a cooking schedule and go through each recipe to make grocery lists. However, it is worth it in the end because I feel like I wasted less food since all the stuff I was buying had a purpose.
Regarding the cookbook itself, I really liked that the recipes (for the most part) didn’t have too many ingredients and the directions were easy to follow. And if a recipe called for something that I don’t eat, it was simple to customize it for my taste. Also, the variety of recipes in this book is huge, I was cooking foods from so many different cuisines which made meals far from boring. Last thing is the crazy amounts of fresh veggies and herbs. I never really cooked with herbs before but I will definitely use them all the time now. They add so much colour and flavour. Everything was just super fresh and healthy, which is exactly what I wanted.
I was going to name a top 5 favourite recipes but as I was going through them, I realized 5 was impossible. There were too many amazing recipes. I will name some of the best ones though – in the order I made them:
- apricot, sriracha & ginger-glazed meatballs (recipe #20)
- chicken enchilada casserole (recipe #22)
- roasted squash & ricotta stuffed shells (recipe #33)
- kaleslaw salad (recipe #39)
- beets & sweets buddha bowl (recipe #44)
- butter chicken naan-bread pizza (recipe #48)
- turkey, pumpkin & white bean chili (recipe #49)
- carrot cake pancakes (recipe #59)
- wonton taco cups (recipe #63)
- fabulous fish tacos (recipe #69)
- double chocolate mousse cheesecake (recipe #77)
- maple curry chicken (recipe #82)
- roasted sweet potato & white bean dip (recipe #97)
- busy weeknight lasagna roll ups (recipe #100)
I tried to make a short list but I really couldn’t narrow it down. You can check out my posts for those recipes and see which ones you want to make. So that’s it. Hope you liked following along and I will continue posting soon! 🙂