The key to good banana bread is lots of overripe bananas and sour cream. You get a super banana-ey cake that is very moist. You also need key baking ingredients like flour, sugar and butter, but everything together makes for a delicious result.
I made this cake about 2 weeks ago, then made it again yesterday because it was so good. The recipe came from my aunt, not sure where she got it from. I’m happy to share it with all of you though 🙂
- 2/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed banana (~2-3 bananas)
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease 8×8 baking dish with nonstick spray.
- In small bowl, combine chocolate chips, brown sugar and cinnamon. Set aside.
- Combine butter, sugar, egg and banana in large bowl. Mix well.
- In another bowl, combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry mix to wet mix using wooden spoon, alternating with sour cream. Make sure to begin and end with dry mix. Stir in vanilla.
- Spread half the batter into prepared pan and sprinkle with half of chocolate chip mixture. Spread remaining batter on top, followed by rest of topping.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, until golden brown and toothpick inserted comes out clean.