Yummy yummy tacos. Soft tacos > hard tacos. This one had salmon which I simply baked in the oven. I have a plain flour tortilla, iceberg lettuce, sriracha, avocado and mango salsa (mango, cilantro, honey, lime juice, chili flakes). All together, it just works. So many good flavours and it was pretty guilt free which is always nice.
I have been trying to update posts with complete recipes. There is not much of a recipe for these salmon tacos because they are so simple and adjustable. These amounts should be a good for 4 people, depending on how much everyone eats. Plus, once you have the cooked salmon, the rest is making salsa and then assembling the tacos – couldn’t be easier!
- 1-1 1/2 lbs cooked salmon* (can be freshly cooked or leftover, served cold)
- 8 small flour tortillas
- 2 cups shredded iceberg lettuce
- Mango salsa (recipe below)
- 1 avocado, diced
- Sriracha, to taste
*You can cook the salmon however you want, I have attached a simple recipe for baked salmon.
- 1 mango, diced (~1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp chili flakes
- For mango salsa: combine all salsa ingredients in medium bowl.
- Break up cooked salmon into large chunks/bite sized pieces.
- Place tortillas on plates. Make a little lettuce bed (using ~1/4 cup) in the middle of each tortilla. Lay some salmon on top (~1/4 cup), followed by a couple spoonfuls of salsa, some avocado and a little sriracha, to taste. Enjoy!
- Store any leftover mango salsa in the fridge.