It’s January 3rd and this is already my 4th post of the year. This is a really good start and hopefully I can keep it up once I go back to school.
So I was trying to get creative in the kitchen. Since it was a rainy and depressing day, I wanted something that would warm me up. I decided to make a curry. I had never really made one without a recipe but I was willing to give it a try. Here is what I did:
- saute chopped red onion in a little olive oil
- add red lentils and let them ‘toast’ for 30 seconds
- add salt, pepper, curry powder and chilli flakes (add more if you like it super spicy)
- pour almond milk + bit of water
- bring to a boil then let simmer for 10 minutes
- add diced zucchini and chickpeas, then cook for 3 more minutes
- taste and add honey if a little too much heat
- garnish with parsley for freshness
This was super easy and turned out really well. It thickened up nicely and it was a very hearty lunch. You could easily use coconut milk but the almond milk has much less fat and tastes just as good.